Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ported throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ported throttle body ?

are there certain specs to porting a stock throttle body? If so does anybody know what they are
Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main gain is from removing the 70mm restriction in front of the butterfly and gaining the extra 5mm to make the TB a full 75mm. I did mine with a dremel tool and smoothed it out to make it a full 75mm, there is no real need to fill in the back area with epoxy(gains will be minimal and more chances of problems). I then polished mine up and worked great. Don't go crazy and take off too much, just get rid of the ridge and your set, make sure you don't take off any where the butterfly sits on the TB when closed, you will get air being sucked in and idle will be bad.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you port it to a full 75mm. Basically take a marker and mark where the throttle blade is. You then take off the sensor's and the spring. You unscrew the two screws holding the blade to the shaft, then take the blad out. Now you tap the shaft out. Now port out the portion right before the mark (do not go past it) Then smooth it all together. You can do a few things from here. You can knife edge the blade and you can grind the shaft down or cut the front of the shaft out.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=139142&page=2
http://www.geocities.com/wilwaxu/throttlebody.html