Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet-Thunder TD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sweet-Thunder TD

Im thinking about switching from Dynomax to sweet thunders. But if I am going to do that, I also want to get rid of my cheap x-pipe and possibly use side exits instead of just dumping it. So if I were to use 2 Sweet thunder chambers, sweet thunder xpipe, and their side exit kit, what angle xpipe should I look at getting, and what length of chambered muffler would be most suitable? Also, can anyone tell me an average price on their xpipes?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

to the top
Old 01-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Heh, thanks. Dont think anyone wants to help. Can someone atleast tell me if sweethunders xpipe can flow better or worse that a tsp xpipe?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TSP offers a 3" true dual kit with the sweet thunders. I really don't think your current setup with the addition of the sweet thunders would flow any less than TSP's unless yours is 2.5". There is a guy on this board with a black trans am that had true duals with the sweet thunders I believe, and he had his exhaust coming out the side as you describe, and it exited in front of the rear tires using the chrome Z28 tips. I cannot remember if he had an x or h pipe though. Maybe he will chime in. I think there may be a sound clip of his car on LS1sounds.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Launching!

I meant which flows better between an sweet-thunder xpipe and the tsp xpipe. The xpipe I have on my current system is just my own design technically, and the system sounds like crap so it has to go.