Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power loss going to Macs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power loss going to Macs?

My pacesetter headers are shot due to a guy who didn't know what he was doing when he installed my headers and y pipe (welded the damn thing to the collectors).

my exhaust has to be removed for some work so im going to go for a different set up than i have now.

current mods are full bolt ons, stage 2 heads, 232/232 112lsa cam (.598/.598 lift).

My current exhaust set up is painted pacesetter long tubes, ory, cut out, hooker catback. I just picked up a gmmg and i got a y pipe to fit macs thinking i would just have them cut and bent to fit my headers i have now, but im contemplating just getting the mac headers.

How much of a power loss am i looking at? I would retain the bolt up set up of the macs if i went with them instead of doing the ball collector mod (making them slip fit).

also i plan to lower the car some to get rid of the 4x4 look. Would i gain some clearance with the collectors being higher up under the car? enough to lower around 1-1.5 inches?

Thanks
Travis
Old 01-20-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aren't the Pacesetters simular in price to the Mac's?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

new yes, i can get a set of barely used macs with a y pipe for a price i dont know if i can pass up(both headers and a catted y pipe) and i already have a mac ory that i was going to just cut to a set of long tubes and have custom fitted.

I have plans to lower and im wondering if the loss is only around 5-10 hp it might be worth it. if its more like 15-20 though, thats not worth it to me.

Travis
Old 01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

i don't think it will make a huge difference...I'm lowered 1.5 with these headers, and the clearance is good as long as you have decent roads...