Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power steering leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power steering leak

Thought perhaps someone in this forum could help. I have a '98 Z28 LS1 in my RX7. The power steering fluid is leaking from around the reserviour neck that goes into the pump body. I've tried putting a O ring in it and tried putting an sealer on the neck. I might add that I had to remove the reserviour
to repair the return nipple and I either lost the original seal or it didn't have one. After the sealant dried I filled it full of fluid and let it set over night and it didn't leak so the leak must be occuring when the engine is running.
GM says they do not list the reserviour seperatly, I would have to buy the whole pump. Anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Last edited by RFERG43; 01-20-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My reservoir is always wet on top, like it leaks from the lid/dipstick. Not sure why, I never overfill it, and there are no leaks on my engine anywhere. Just wondering what would cause it to leak out the top
Old 01-20-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be cracked. Might check the classifieds/wanted section for a used replacement.