Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

royal purple

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default royal purple

i was wondering what u guys thought about royal purple. it is new on the market but seems pretty good. i have seen some good stuff out of it. i have the oil in my car now with no problems. i was thinking of using it in my tranny and rearend.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

http://www.royalpurple.com/video/video.html
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using their motor oil in my engine for years now. A couple of times the oil change shop that I use was out, in which case I ran with mobil 1 synth. I noticed a difference in acceleration. (was better with r/p). I recently did an overhaul on my ta and switched out the rearend (currie 9 with limited slip) & and tranny (m6) fluid to royal purple. I called r/p and they assured me I didn't need any limited slip additive, and after a few hundred miles now, I believe them. The rear is a little quiter, but nothing awe inspiring. The tranny feels very different now for the better. It's hard to describe but; it justs seems like I can feel the gears better, not so mushy I guess. Just overall more solid. I can't really comment on if there is less noise or vibration though. During my overhaul I switched out from a spohn chassis mount torque arm to a bmr with the new tranny brace mount. My tranny is quieter now, but it could be to the extra bulk of the new tranny mount.
Either way, I'm a royal purple nutswinger.