Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerstick vs Stainless Works chambered

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerstick vs Stainless Works chambered

So, you guys think I should go with a Powerstick chambered muffler or Stainless Works??? I'm looking to put one in the I pipe section of either a TSP Rumbler or LM. Which leads me to another question.
Do you think the LM or Rumbler would be louder than one another, with either a Powerstick or Stainless works in the I pipe??? ....Cuz the way I see it, is its just pipe, right??? The Rumbler is only $200, so why pay $400 when I'm just getting the same result.
Or, do you think there will be a difference in loudness/sound between the LM and Rumbler with a chambered muffler?
Thanks guys!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Trans
So, you guys think I should go with a Powerstick chambered muffler or Stainless Works???
Either it's all down to price. The Stainless Works ones are made from stainless steel whereas the Powrsticks are aluminiumised steel.

As for performance I'm not sure. The Powersticks are reputed to flow very well.
Originally Posted by Classic Chambered (Powersticks)
my 2.5" mufflers flow around 1000 scfm ea., the 3" versions are 2000 scfm ea. Both flow tested @ 20.3" H2O. Compared to Flowmaster 2 & 3 chambers, & Delta flows which are around 320 scfm in 2.5" & 350 scfm in 3". 3" Borlas flow around 1300 scfm. You won't have to "push" exhaust past these.
I would assume the Stainless Works perform similar, but if they neck down then they might be more restrictive (I don't know if they are or not). I beleive (or at least have heard in the past) the GMMG mufflers are made by Stainless Works, not sure of the truth in this. But the GMMG is reputed to flow well.

I'm looking to put one in the I pipe section of either a TSP Rumbler or LM. Which leads me to another question.
Do you think the LM or Rumbler would be louder than one another, with either a Powerstick or Stainless works in the I pipe??? ....Cuz the way I see it, is its just pipe, right???
I assume you would be replacing either the LM resonator or the Dynomax bullet in either case, or do you plan on running them combined with a chambered muffler?

The Rumbler is only $200, so why pay $400 when I'm just getting the same result.
Well if you want tips the Rumbler is a little bit more expensive I believe. Also I think it's only mild or aluminiumised steel where as the SLP is stainless steel.

Or, do you think there will be a difference in loudness/sound between the LM and Rumbler with a chambered muffler?
Thanks guys!
The tubing is the same size on both, so if you only run the chamberd muffler then I can't see it really being different, if you combine it with the original muffler then yes it will be different.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, thanks for the detailed responce!!! appreciate it. To answer your question, yes I would just be replacing the LM resonator or Dynomax bullet in the I with a chambered muffler. I was going to run a Sweet Thunder, but people complain about a swooshing noise. I assume this is from the ST's 2.5" restrictive core. So hopefully with the Powerstick or Stainless Works, I wont get that rushing air noise, just the awesome sound! I wish I could hear it before I attempt it though, or talk to someone that has done it. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks guys!
Old 01-27-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Either it's all down to price. The Stainless Works ones are made from stainless steel whereas the Powrsticks are aluminiumised steel.

As for performance I'm not sure. The Powersticks are reputed to flow very well.

I would assume the Stainless Works perform similar, but if they neck down then they might be more restrictive (I don't know if they are or not). I beleive (or at least have heard in the past) the GMMG mufflers are made by Stainless Works, not sure of the truth in this. But the GMMG is reputed to flow well.

I assume you would be replacing either the LM resonator or the Dynomax bullet in either case, or do you plan on running them combined with a chambered muffler?

Well if you want tips the Rumbler is a little bit more expensive I believe. Also I think it's only mild or aluminiumised steel where as the SLP is stainless steel.

The tubing is the same size on both, so if you only run the chamberd muffler then I can't see it really being different, if you combine it with the original muffler then yes it will be different.
I just bought a GMMG and asked them if their mufflers were made by stainless works. They actually laughed at me, and said no. They do have a guy that makes em though.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
I just bought a GMMG and asked them if their mufflers were made by stainless works. They actually laughed at me, and said no. They do have a guy that makes em though.
lol, yeah I've heard mixed responses on this one. Either way the GMMG and the Stainless Works exhaust are both great sounding catbacks
Old 01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too. I had to ask, because I've heard some say yes and some no. They do both sound great. Now having the GMMG, I wish I would have done it a long time ago.

Quick Reply: Powerstick vs Stainless Works chambered