Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think?

Hey guys. I finally saved up some money and well its time for some new goodies for my baby. At the moment I'm thinking of going with long tube headers (even though they're illegal here ) . Now, I have been reading and researching for months and I have learned alot and read alot of the feedback. Still, like everyone else, I would like my money's worth. Here is my situation. I'm looking at QTP's w/ the merge collector and a mufflex y pipe. Now, this setup is a bit hefty (expensive). This being the case I looked at alternate headers, this brought me to SLP headers. I have read that they have bad clearance but this isn't a problem for me because im not lowered. I guess what i want to know is: are the QTP's really worth the money? I have read they net you about 30rwhp or so. What about the SLP's? I just want my money's worth folks. Im some poor college student Now, if I put the QTP's on I will have to settle for the flowmaster catback i have now for the time being, until i save up for true duals. However, the price difference with the SLP's will allow me to fandangle a true dual setup with sweet thunders. So what are your guys' suggestions? What would you do? Would you go with the QTP's and Mufflex and no true duals? Or would you go with the SLP longtubes and x pipe w/ true duals through chambered sweet thunders? Any input is appreciated so please post and let me know what you guys think. Thanks again!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Look into Kooks headers, they make a very nice set for about the same price as SLP I believe. Instead of a flowmaster cat back go for a Hooker, flows very nice and has a great sound, its under $300 too.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SLP longtubes are junk. I've seen pictures of a guy's transam who had a nice section of a primary tube yanked out of his SLP headers thanks to a manhole cover

If you don't want to buy QTP's because of the heavy price (which i think is worth it), Pacesetters have an awesome reputation for coated steel. They are CHEAP, fit great, look good, and mate up to tons of exhaust systems. I have a set on my car and don't have a complaint in the world. If i had the money then that i have now, i would have bought the QTP's in a second, simply because they last forever. Coating likes to turn a little offwhite down under the car after a while, but i'm about the only one who sees it.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
SLP longtubes are junk. I've seen pictures of a guy's transam who had a nice section of a primary tube yanked out of his SLP headers thanks to a manhole cover

If you don't want to buy QTP's because of the heavy price (which i think is worth it), Pacesetters have an awesome reputation for coated steel. They are CHEAP, fit great, look good, and mate up to tons of exhaust systems. I have a set on my car and don't have a complaint in the world. If i had the money then that i have now, i would have bought the QTP's in a second, simply because they last forever. Coating likes to turn a little offwhite down under the car after a while, but i'm about the only one who sees it.

I agree, go with the Pacesetters and use extra money on the exhaust you really want.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Another option would be Hooker LT'S and ORY with your current catback or the Hooker catback.....the whole system is probably less than QTP/Kook's headers by themselves.

STAY AWAY FROM SLP HEADERS!!