Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG Tip options

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG Tip options

I posted about CMing a GMMG exhaust a few days ago, but I decided it's not practical and if I can only have one or the other I'd rather have a standard mounted GMMG than a CME setup with a Loudmouth. My question is what kinds of other tips people have used? I really don't like the standard ones, and if all else fails the premium ones look sharp. I don't know if they need to be shaped a certain way for optimum sound? I'd really ideally like mailslots but with a nice finish. Is it best to just get the premium ones?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The standard ones are ugly. I bought the premium tips, but don't like them as well as the ones I already had on my car. I had the silverline Z28 style on my T/A, and they looked great. They are like the Z28 tips, only stainless and bigger. I wish I would have kept them and not payed the extra $150. The tips don't sit that well in the T/A bumper, unless you hack up the $850 exhaust.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can buy and mount a set of standard SLP dual/dual tips.

I had be running my setup, 2002 TA/Hawk, GMMG with the dual/dual tips for the past 2 years. I just need to buy a spacer/extender for each tip. Cost about $15 is misc parts from Advanced Auto. The back end will look like stock!

I've since changed my mind, and now Im using the Wide Oval GMMG tips.
But I can swap them back on/off anytime I want now.

For the Trans AM, I really like a tip that fills that wide area on each side. Just my 2 cents worth. :-)
Old 01-31-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I ran the standard tips for about a year...they are just too blah for my tastes...IMO, they look kinda lost back there...I added CME tips/valance and love it. If this isn't an option for you, then I would either go with the premium tips or some other aftermarket tip...maybe an oval with rolled lip...
Old 01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know if b&b tips would work easily on gmmg?