Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which SLP is Louder??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which SLP is Louder??

Ive been looking at the two slp loudmouth systems and i cant figure out which is louder?? The original loudmouth? or the loudmouth 2 ??

Also what does everyone use for pipe from the y-pipe to the catback.. Do you reuse your stock one? or does somoene sell a larger diameter one??

Anyone actually use cats?? and if you do which ones have the best flow?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow I thought it was listed on their site... I couldn't find it...
if your looking for a really good exhaust check out a GMMG
Old 02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jumpmanmb87
Ive been looking at the two slp loudmouth systems and i cant figure out which is louder?? The original loudmouth? or the loudmouth 2 ??

Also what does everyone use for pipe from the y-pipe to the catback.. Do you reuse your stock one? or does somoene sell a larger diameter one??

Anyone actually use cats?? and if you do which ones have the best flow?
The LM is the louder of the two (LM2 is quieter).

All the piping from the y back comes with the catback system. If you have an aftermarket y you should be fine.

As far as cats go, decide what y you are going to use and if you are going with LTs. To answer your question, Carsound/Magnaflow cats flow well, as do Random Techs.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Launching!

I've never heard the LM2, but the oringinal LM is pretty damn loud, couldn't imagine anything being louder.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

LM2 was developed to stop people from putting other companies mufflers in place of the resonator. its just an original loudmouth with a muffler similar to a dynomax bullet or borla xr1 where the resonator is.. you can buy the original loudmouth with the resonator, and the muffler type resonator (quieter) for about 90$ i think if you get sick of how loud it is