Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring TWIN Post Coil Packs ON LS1 SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring TWIN Post Coil Packs ON LS1 SETUP

Does Anybody Have Any Info About Wiring The Gm Waste-spark Twin Post Coil Packs On An Ls1 Setup. I Am Putting An Ls1 In 66 Nova And I Am Remote Mounting The Coil Packs And Space Is Limited. I Need As Much Info As Possible. Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess the first question is why replace them?

The stock coils work pretty well, even in very high hp applications.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil packs

The reason to replace them is because the vavle covers no longer have anything on them because i have smoothed them down to look better and now im trying to remote mount them under the hood of a car that does not have alot of space. The twin post coil packs would be alot smaller and anything that is smaller is easier to mount or hide when your trying to make it look better when it comes to an old car. thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 66chevy2ls1
The reason to replace them is because the vavle covers no longer have anything on them because i have smoothed them down to look better and now im trying to remote mount them under the hood of a car that does not have alot of space. The twin post coil packs would be alot smaller and anything that is smaller is easier to mount or hide when your trying to make it look better when it comes to an old car. thanks

in that case, your best bet is to run a longer plug wire and mount them all someplace where there is room... on a show car with a stock motor, you could even put them under the dash, in the framerails, ect.... theres nothing saying they have to be close to the motor.. or even underhood.

the other wasted spark coil packs dont have the electronics inside the coil.. the LS1 coils actually have some logic in there.. they arnt just coils.

also, you can stack them together however you want. they dont have to be side by side... you can make them pretty compact.

Quick Reply: Wiring TWIN Post Coil Packs ON LS1 SETUP