Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter and Longtubes issue ???!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter and Longtubes issue ???!!

Okay i have a 2000 ws6 , it has ceramic coated longtubes, and since ive put them in, ive gone through now today 2 STARTERS !! lol. Its really getting frusterating and annoying since you guys know starters arent really cheap and thats like 200 bux towards something else ! ..

So have you guys had any issues like this ? or any suggestions on how i can prevent this.. ?? i dont really feel like replacing starters every damn 3k miles..

i know theres wrap for the headers, but is there any kinda shield or something for the starter other than the stock one.. thnx guys ..
Old 02-05-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

I've never seen a problem with this how much space do you have between the starter and passenger side header? Are any of the starter wires touching the header? I wouldn't think the headers let off enough heat to ruin the starter.

If you have a warranty on the starter, you should be able to get another one for free.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Teching In

summit racing has a few STARTER HEAT SHIELDS part# S

THE-14150 ,

DEI-010402,
Old 02-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Banned

nah no warranty, i bought it off a low miles salvaged SS . . i think theres about an inch or 2 between the header, and solenoid to the starter. ill try the shield . i duno..