Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poly motor mount ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Poly motor mount ??

Does anyone have a like to a write up on how to change out the motor mounts ? I done a seach ; but allI come up with is topics on it ?

Thx
Old 02-05-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

al i gots to say is have fun.....
Old 02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a write-up here that I used:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/445170-ls1-motor-mount-replacement.html

I only did the driver's side, and did it with headers still in place. Took about 3 hours. Would have taken half as long without the headers there. Really wasn't that bad at all.....but I'm not going to attempt the passenger side for now. It will be much more difficult!!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

With headers/manifolds out of the way, you dont need to remove anything else. 4 bolts to the block, 4 bolts to the k-member and 1 in between.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does any one have pics poly mount installed tothe motor ? I want to make sure I got the direction correct . Having a hard time lining the bolts up
Old 04-03-2006, 03:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blksilvr
Does any one have pics poly mount installed tothe motor ? I want to make sure I got the direction correct . Having a hard time lining the bolts up
Just make sure the little tabs are facing up on each side.
Lining the bolts up is a real pita, so this helps a lot. Something that you may not think about...loosen the bolts on the pedastals. don't take them all the way out, but it will give you room to wiggle the pedastals around instead of trying to move the motor around.

if you have headers theres no need to take them off just pull out the alternator and the starter. Take your time, and try not to get frustrated.

another thing i noticed, on the passenger side, i've read people having trouble, using all kinds of extensions and joints...all i did was lay on my stomach, and get the back two bolts on the pedastals from the front with a regular 3/8 drive...easy.

keeping the pedastals loose, being able to move them around will help you the most! just make sure they're still threaded in there...if you get the main mount bolt in, with one of the pedastal bolts not threaded, you'll just be in the same position with those bolts.

good luck