Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give me some exhaust ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Give me some exhaust ideas...

I would love to go with some LT's and a true dual setup but I like my Mac Mid's.

I also like my SLP dual/dual catback but I want a change. I'm tired of having muffler tips out the back.

Basically I'd like something that can dump after the axle. I don't want anything obnoxious or anything that will be raspy. As I said earlier I want to keep my Mac's.

Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the best way to go for long tubes would be pacesetters. Everything has great things to say about them and the are very cost effective. Of course if you have the money you could go always go hooker LT'S.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, did you even my post?

I said I'm keeping my mac's. I'm looking for exhaust ideas as far as after the Macs
Old 02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lane has his duals run up to his mac mids. His handle on these boards is Lane if you want to shoot him a PM.

Dumped is going to be loud in the car, no matter what you do. Running cats and moroso spiral flow mufflers will be your best bet as far as quieting it down, unless you're ready to "clearance" some things to make some bigger mufflers fit.

Why don't you want to get rid of the mac mids? The first line in your posts reads "I would love to go with some LT's and a true dual setup", so what gives?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just some food for thought.....I just switched my mac mids/ory/cutout/flowmaster catback to pacesetter longtubes with 2.5" tru-duals with single chamber flowmaster mufflers. Long story short.....best decision I've ever made . The entire exhaust including headers/xpipe/bends/hangers & clamps cost me $700 and did all the work myself. Plus, I sold my old setup to a buddy and recovered most of that
Old 02-06-2006, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

The reason I'm not going with LT's is $$$. IMO I see no reason to upgrade to LT's. Do I want them? Sure. Do I need them? Nope

I thought maybe redoing the catback would be ok. Maybe keeping the 3'' I-pipe and putting in some type of spiral muffler and calling it a day(I really don't know which is why I asked for opinions.)

Keep 'em coming. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want something dumped, go with a Mufflex catback. I had the 4" catback with the Flowmaster muffler and singe turndown tailpipe. It was badass. It sounds deep as hell, very rumbly, yet never overbearing. You could do that or the 3.5".