Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do yall think about these?/Jet Hot headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do yall think about these?/Jet Hot headers

What do yall think about these headers?
Anybody ever have problems with Jet Hot Headers.

http://marylandspeed.com/product_inf...roducts_id=393

Last edited by 2000BLKSupersport; 02-06-2006 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no problems with mine, they are very similar to coated hooker headers but I would say that Jet-hot has one of best coatings as far as headers go. Unless you spend more and go with Stainless headers (QTP, kooks, etc) i don't think you can go wrong.... they tuck under real nice too
Old 02-06-2006, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Chase SS how was the install? was it easy?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i bought the same headers from the same place last year. very good to deal with.

IMO the JH headers are the best mild steel/coated header you can buy. i did have to grind a little bit on the k member to keep one of the drivers side tubes from rubbing. also, the drivers side collector was close to the floor and bumped, but i fied that by adding a poly motor mount and readjusting the header (loosen bolts, pull collector down, tighten bolts).

I used a Hooker uncoated y-pipe from SDPC2000.com. Even though it was $165, it fit great, I couldnt believe it...I figured I would have to cut and bend something.

I would get them.

Sending a PM now.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had mine since 2003 and they are holding up geat. A tiny amount of surface rust where the tubes meet the collector but that's about it. I DD this car all year round also unless it's snowing. Every oil change I hit them with NeverDull polish and it seems to keep them very new looking. Install was a breeze. No grinding or anything. For the Pass side I had to remove one heatshield, the drivers side the oil filter and steering shaft had to be moved. Just make sure you have the car 24" off the ground as the higher the car sits the easier they slide in.

Just stay away from their Catted Y pipe. POS!

I like the Hooker ORY over their JH ORY also. Better fitment and is a 2 piece instead of 5 piece design. Both however lack a proper merge collector and are just two pipes welded together.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i have the jet hot coated ORY and its awesome... the install was fine except i had to move the steering shaft and part of the oil filter/bracket like Ryan02SS said on the drivers side. Passenger side was easy just had to cramp your hands in to tighten it down. The ORY bangs against the underbody (this happens with a lot of header/ORY installs) but I will fix that when I do Poly motor mount on the drivers side (not doing the passenger because i heard it was bitch to install) and Speed inc sells a mufflex exhaust hanger that prevents this from happening as well but i wouldn't worry about it unless you have the problem. It is very easy to install a Poly motor mount once you have the OEM exhaust manifolds out and before you throw the headers back on (or at least that is what i have heard)