Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what exaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what exaust

hey guys, i am thinking about buying an ls1 z28 with a few mods and was wondering what a good muffler would be for it becuase the guy just had headers that goes into dumps on it.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't need exhaust exiting the back, stick with the true duals. Nothing will flow or sound better.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any true dual system by configuration alone will not perform better than a single. What sounds good to you may not to others ...

For the most part true duals will compromise ground clearance ... a good single system will provide just as much power benefit.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Launching!

well it will be a DD so i don't want it loud, so i need to know what are some good but not overly expensive mufflers because it doesn't have any mufflers or cats on it at all that i know of and is extreamly loud. and it is already true duals off of headers for about 3-4 ft. then dumps
Old 02-07-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

does it have a mid pipe?

If not the easy thing to do is get yourself a 3" Y pipe (catted or Off Road) and a nice cat back.

-Hooker
-Maganflow
-SLP Loud Mouth (it's loud)
-TSP Rumbler

Are some good ones

-GMMG
-Stainless Works
-Borla

Are also good but a lot more money.

Try and aviod the Flowmaster catback, as it doesn't flow as good as most of the others and will be a restriction.

If you want to keep it dumped just add a bullett muffler, but it will remain very loud. Borla, Maganflow, Dynomax all offer good flowing mufflers.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Launching!

i mean nothing on it at all, all it is is headers with a pipe on it that dumps after about 3 ft. both pipes are like this.

i am thinking about just taking it to an exhaust shop and let them do everything becuase i don't have time for a system to get shipped in cause i will get a ticket so freaken quick with this thing it isn't funny, plus i don't want to spend the money for a system.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Launching!

BluLS1, Why don't you go to your exhaust shop and have him fix your duals so that they will go over the axle and exits out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location. You can find pictures on here that will show you and your exhaust shop person how to run both pipes down the passengers side, then over the axle and on through mufflers, one located on each side of the rear tub, then on out the rear from beneath the bumper. That way you will not have any roar or drone inside the car. Oh, by the way, catalytic convertors will help to do away with some of that loadness also and they just might make your car pass the emmisions testing also.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Launching!

that's what i might end up doin. but without the cats for now, at least, because were i live we don't have emissions testing, and i dont feel like paying the extra $ for them.

i will search for some pics, but does anyone know where a few good ones are on here.

does anyone have any ideas on what it would cost to do this, i know different shops have diff prices but i just want a pall park range.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loudmouth! But then again, I like it really loud.....