Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Car Compression Sqeuak?

I try to mkae it to all the "pro street" (Orlando, Bradenton) races and observe the freak show of horsepower. My question is regarding the noise some of the larger cubic inch nitrous cars make at an idle. When they fire up and idle to the burnout box, or when they are setting the clutch I always notice a Squeak sound from the exhaust. My guess is that a lot of these cars are built with abnormally high compression ratios. But would that cause a high pitched squeak noise from the exhaust. It sounds as though every time a cylinder fires (at low RPM) there is a pinched metal or squeak sound. However, once a load is applied to the motor it performs as normal. I know it's trivial but Id really like to hear some feedback. Hopefully someone else has observed this.

Tommy

Last edited by BoostCreep45; 02-08-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My camaro makes that squeky noise also but it stoped once i took off my slp mufflers and put on a chambered exhaust from gmmg but i have know idea what its from my compression is 11:1 so who knows