Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who has borlamouth, please reply!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone who has borlamouth, please reply!

I have a 02 FireHawk and I put headers and a ory on. I had SLP LoudMouth II until I couldn't stand the sound. I put the Borla xr-1 muffler on. Sounds good now, however, I had probs getting the borla on(probably because I overtightened the clamps when I put the LMII on. The borla muffler hangs very low to the ground(2 or 3 inches). Also my exhaust tips are out of line now. Does everyone else with borlamouth have this problem or did I not get something pushed on good. I really like the factory look of the Dual Duals, but if I can't get this worked out I may have to sell the LMII and get something else. Please help, Thanks
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Borlamouth too. Ya the borla does hang down low, but I dont know that mine is that low though. I would say just keep messig with it until you get evrything lined up like you want it. It might take some time, but you will eventualy get it.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thankyou, I think mine still has some tweeking to be done to it. It is a little frustrating working on my back underneath the car. I want to make this system work if at all possible because it has the sound that I want and it also keeps the stock-looking tips also. I like for it to look stock from the outside.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it to a shop and have them put it up on the lift for you. They might charge you like 20-30 dollars, but it beats laying on your back under the car and making it take hours, when they could do it in 10 min. Thats what I did.