Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header choice...

Old 02-09-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header choice...

I have a set of FLP long tubes. They have a den in them that needs to be pulled out and they need to be recoated. After looking in to this I found that a new set of Pacesetters can be had for roughly the same price as gitting the dent pulled out and having the headers coated. Would I loose any power by switching to the pace setters? What would you guys do?
Old 02-09-2006, 12:34 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, you will probably even gain a few ponies, plus have a new set of headers. Yank the dent, say screw the re-coating job, and see if you can get a few bux for them on these boards in the parts for sale section, some poor college kid like me might really be hurting for a set

So i'd say go with the pacesetters (which are GREAT steel headers) all the way if you don't feel like dropping the dough for some stainless ones, if you do, then check out the QTP's.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Get the new headers and sell your FLP's. I sold my SLP'S and dented up Y-pipe to a guy for $225. Take pictures and be upfront when selling them and you should be able to get some $$ for them.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a plan but it could take me some time to gather $400 bones for the headers because I too fall under the broke colege kid catagory and I need spending $$ for spring brak. But I have plenty of time cause it dosent warm up in these parts for another couple of months. Thanks for the help guys

Search this Thread