Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y-pipe/stock Mans.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Y-pipe/stock Mans.

I have slp catback and stock mans, do they make a y-pipe that will bolt to the catback and stock mans and delete the cats out?????????????????or what is the best deal on headers/y-pipe setup
Old 02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAC makes a y-pipe that does that...you can browse the sponsor pages to the right and possibly find it.
Even if it isn't listed on the website, someone like Thunder Racing or TByrne can probably get it for you.
JC
Old 02-09-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

No point inn replacing the mid pipe without doing the headers also, you'll see no real benefit.

LT's (long tube) headers are probably your best bet and certainly the most popular.

Pacesetter, Jet Hot, Hooker, Edelbrock all offer nice coated headers.

QTP, Kooks & Stainless Works all offer more expensive stainless steel headers.

All can be had with hi flow cats (to remain legal) or with an ORY (off road Y pipe).

TSP ---> A sponsor does some great deals on Pacesetter Headers with their own Y pipe.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just bought that Y pipe by MAC from ws6store.. cost was 189$.. which is the cheapest around.

my car already had hooker shorties on it when i bought it.. so i bought the MAC ORY and TSP Rumbler cat back..

right now the car has hooker shorties, stock CATS and Y, stock CAT Back..

i just put a baseline on a dynaPack system 4 days ago.. it was 299rwhp and 348rwtq. only other mod was a LID with a stock airfilter.. once i get my ORY and TSP installed we are going to dyno it again and see what the gains are.. i'l start a separate thread once i get the results.. wont be for about a week though.. car is in the shop getting its trans rebuilt..