Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla vs TSP Rumbler w/chambered

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla vs TSP Rumbler w/chambered

So what do you guys think will be louder, a Borla catback or the TSP Rumbler with a chambered muffler in the I pipe?
One of my friends buddies just bought a Camaro with Borla on it. I havent really heard it up close yet, but I did see him driving down the street and didnt hear a thing. Is Borla loud??? I'll have to hear it up close, but I'm pretty sure I want mine louder than his! haha
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am not familiar with the TSP one but I know you can adjust the Borla with the plates provided for loud or quiet. The fully open option pretty much doesn't even flow through the muffler I believe.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:41 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are 2 different types of exhaust. Borla is loud, but the rumbler would be louder.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Borla is expensive and does just the same thing as a manual cutout. Not really a fan of them at all, too much faffing about.

The Rumbler doesn't have a chambered muffler that I know of, it uses a Dynomax bullett muffler which is a straight thru glass pack design.

the Rubler will be loud, but so can the Borla if you want it to be, but it'll cost 2 1/2 times as much.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Launching!

oh, I know the Rumbler doesnt come with a chambered muffler.......I'm just going to be putting a Powerstick in place of the Dynomax bullet. I agree on Borla, I'd never buy it......was just asking so that when I hear this guys Borla, I can use it as a reference to loudness.
I'd never buy a GMMG either, rather buy headers and a catted Y for that price! Thanks for the info guys!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

On a car with only a Borla catback, with no plate, it will probably not be as loud as the Rumbler. I can tell you once you get some LTs and a ORY, with it open, it will. Yeah, it' s a lot more expensive, but it' s a high quality, adjustable system. If you have the need or desire to be stealthy, or evade the man, it's worth considering. Especially, with a QTEC, or the like. I personally like everything about my Borla, except I would like to change the I-pipe, but, to each his/her own.