Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header install

I finally started my Pacesetter install tonight I took off the passenger side coil packs to give a little more room to work and WOW that 5th bolt that holds the bracket was a pain in the ***!!!! I currently have the y pipe off, the AIR hook ups, EGR hook ups, pass side coil packs, and all plug wires off. Looks like I am ready to start the maniflod removal!

Anyway, some ***** that works at the shop came in and said "I sure hope you bought some silicone wires since the headers are gonna melt the stockers." Is this true? I just had the wires replaced a few months ago so I am not gonna change them at this time. The ***** also made the comment "I hate to tell you but you will not be able to get a state inspection next year." I happened to already had my current ORY-pipe sitting on the floor and I said look what just came off this car and it have been on here for 2+ years. He got pissed and left.

Anyway, are there any special tricks I may need to know about before tomorrow?

Sorry about the long story!!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, they won't melt the wires. Just do a good look over when you are done and make sure nothing it touching the headers. Passing emissions is possible if they only test OBDII and don't do a visual. A good tune will remove any codes that could fail you. If they do a visual or sniff test, good luck. The install is really simple. Just take your time and be patient. Good luck and post up with any other ???'s
Old 02-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Teching In

I've been running non-coated flowtech LT's for about a year and a half now and my stock wires are still fine. As for emissions, I dont know how your state does it so I can't speculate. Up here in PA, you have to pass a visual (cats, egr, air) and the OBDII plug in test.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lss1350
I've been running non-coated flowtech LT's for about a year and a half now and my stock wires are still fine. As for emissions, I dont know how your state does it so I can't speculate. Up here in PA, you have to pass a visual (cats, egr, air) and the OBDII plug in test.
Yeah, WA did only OBDII so no issues there. Now that I am in Arkansas, they all say "What are emissions?"
Old 02-10-2006, 06:42 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you put the coil packs back on you can get away with leaving out the last 2 bolts. I have had 3 on mine for over 50,000 miles and never had a problem with them falling off. It will save you a headache...or 2.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

My father works for a GM dealership and I got a hook up on inspection. Have had the hook up for over 5 years. I am not too worried about inspection!