Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS throttle body?

Old 02-11-2006, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPIS throttle body?

Is any body running this. Was reading a little bit on them and was just wanting a little personal info on them.

thanks
dave
Old 02-12-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frisky2101
Is any body running this. Was reading a little bit on them and was just wanting a little personal info on them.

thanks
dave
TPIS just delivered my oval TB/Intake combo the other day.

Parts will go back onto the enigne soon,
then a re-dyno & tune in March. I'll have some real numbers to comapre at that time!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I did a dyno comparison with this intake and throttle body and a stock Ls6 intake/throttle body. It averaged 5-7 hp & tq to the wheels across the board. The combination does make more, but definatly not what TPIS says it does. For the record, it was a 383 and not a 346.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one and liked it. I sold it for the Fast 90 setup.... I liked the low end with the TPIS oval setup which now with the Fast I think I lost some down low with my combo, but picked up some on top, but that is all how it feels. I am hoping a good tune with the Fast setup will help me in the long run.

Nothing against TPIS but if you plan on any kind of upgrades in the future I would go with the FAST 90 setup. I would have saved myself allot of money right away by going Fast. I thought the Fast would be to big for my setup but a Buddy had the Fast 90 on his all bolt on motor with a tune and it seemed to do really well.

Here is a pic of mine when I had it..

Search this Thread