Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP ORY ground clearance?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP ORY ground clearance?!?!?!

Ok, just wondering what kind of ground clearance people were getting around here with their TSP ORY's. I have mine hooked up to Pacesetter's. After some choice 4 letter words and plenty of wiggling we got it on but it seems i have horrible ground clearance for a y-pipe. Any good tips on how to tuck it up under some more, i feel like i have moved it as good as it will go. Post pics of your clearance please!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

something doesnt look right...mine tucked up real nice i would see if u could reposition it
Old 02-16-2006, 01:32 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ What he said. ^^^

You might also want to think about repositioning that band clamp and the U-bolt so that you have max ground clearance. Swing that band clamp around so the bolts are toward the door and cut them off if needed.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

No need to post a pic, it looks exactly like mine. The left side header piece just did not fit good at any position. I left about 3/4" between it and the car floor so it would not hit, drove it to discover it still hit, tried readjusting it, but finally went to poly motor mounts to stop the banging. I don't scrape over any speed bumps however. I measured 3.5 inches of clearance at the lowest point.
You should at least loosen up and turn both that band clamp and C clamp around so they are not the lowest points.

Quick Reply: TSP ORY ground clearance?!?!?!