Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

install tips for lt headers and ory?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default install tips for lt headers and ory?

i'm a newbie and i'm getting ready to order pacesetter lt's and a ory. looking for some tips for the install to make it go a little smoother. already have slp loudmouth installed .
Old 02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

You'll probably need to loosen your driver side motor mount a little and lift it about 1/2" (I did).

Other than that, just get the car up as high as poss. (atleast 18") and they'll go in pretty damn easy!!!

As far as the "Y", I'll let ya know tommorow. That's when I'm puttin' 'er in. Start it up with just the LT's to see how it sounds ..... You'll like it!!

Good luck!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

I didn't have to lift the motor up at all. Mine just slide right in after I had the car high enough. I would also get rid of that loud mouth.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Mine went in also w/o raising the engine. Also my recomendations are 1. Leave the headers loose until you have the y-pipe on. I had to loosen mine back up to get it in. 2. If at all possible use your stock gaskets or some new ones from gm. 3. Make sure the word top is on top of your gasket. I had all my bolts in but 2 when i realized it was upside down. 4. The use of an air ratchet will save a lot of skin and time. 5. Lose the loud mouth or look into getting a bullet muffler installed in it unless you want it really loud. I personally like my magnaflow. 6. This goes for all mods If you get frustrated walk away and take a break. Once you get frustrated nothing will go right. 7. Last but not least watch out for the corners of the heat shields. When I got done with mine my arms looked like I had been in a fight with a cat. 8. Oh 1 more thing now is a good time to change your plugs and wires. I cracked 1 when I was changing mine and didn't know it till I started the car and had a dead mis in the number 8 cylinder.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:04 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go out and buy a 1/4" drive air ratchet. I can remove every single header bolt with mine

If you need a little clearance here or there, you can remove the tranny mount bolt and shove on the trans to twist the motor a bit.

I would also recommend buying a set of poly mounts ($50 from thunder racing) and installing them so you don't have to come ask us how to fix the y-pipe banging like the other 500k people.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:00 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ashade98
You'll probably need to loosen your driver side motor mount a little and lift it about 1/2" (I did).

Other than that, just get the car up as high as poss. (atleast 18") and they'll go in pretty damn easy!!!

As far as the "Y", I'll let ya know tommorow. That's when I'm puttin' 'er in. Start it up with just the LT's to see how it sounds ..... You'll like it!!

Good luck!
Ditto. get some poly motor mounts so that bitch doesnt bang on the floorboard.