Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all the guys having idle problems after ported TBs...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For all the guys having idle problems after ported TBs...

Is it occuring at both cold and warm engine temps, or just warm engine temps? Mine's doing the typical thing - idles high, doesn't idle down while the car is rolling in neutral, and revs to 1800rpms and slowly revs down if I blip the throttle. After a bit of experimentation today, I figured out it's only doing it while hot. When the car is cold, it idles at 900rpm (slightly high, but that may be due to the set screw being a tad too high), and revs down just like it did before the ported TB went on - quickly. However, once the engine warms up to its regular operating temperature, I start having problems. It's leading me to believe it's less of a TB-only problem, to perhaps a problem with a sensor somewhere? I've already done the ECU and TPS reset procedures, and the same symptoms keep occuring every time. Going to swap a stocker back on and see what happens, but I'm absolutely stumped as to why this is happening only when the engine is warm.