Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header install questions???????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header install questions???????

It is official. I am getting pacesettter LT with offroad y from texas speed perfomance. I will also be getting the o2 exstensions and the o2 sims. I plan on soaking the bolts with wd40 the night before. What type of header bolts/gaskets should I get? Is there anything else I need or should look out for? Any help at all will help me out. I cant wait to hear it when the instal is done.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2006, 02:07 AM
12 Second Club

the headers bolts shouldn't be that tight but it can't hurt... you and resuse the stock bolt if you wish or get new ones, my pacesetters came with new ones. alot of people like the stage 8 bolts also. gaskets you'll probably get to paper style ones you can use those or stock replacement ones for any GM dealer or if your stosk ones aren't messed up to bad you can use those again. Would suggest if you are going to keep or block off th egr / air fittings that you use stock replacements gaskets. they will hold up better then the paper ones.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

i suggest sanding the ory pieces where they slip together to make it alittle easier. there is a slight ridge that interferes with the slip fit and makes it tough to adjust the pieces.reuse your stock manifold gaskets.are you going to get o2 sims or have them tuned out ?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Teching In

What kind of cat-back are you going to be running? Im wanting to put the same headers and y-pipe as you. Let me know how you like set-up and sound after you get this installed. Im sure you will love it and it will sound badass.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Staging Lane

I just ordered the 00-02 style headers, ory, 02 sims, 02 extenders, and ngk 55 spark plugs. I think I will be ready..... I like to have everything planned and hopefully have nothing unexpected happen. But ofcourse something will come up.
slow trap-- what do you mean sand the ory pieces? Im guessing that the ory comes in two pieces and if I sand the two pieces it will fit better. Is that correct? Or do you mean the connection with the catback? Also..... I am running SLP loudmouth right now. I have heard bad things about this catback with headers so....... if I dont like the sound I will change the resonator out with a billit.
Thanks for all the help guys. Much abliged!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you like it LOUD and raspy, then you'll love the LM.
As for what you need for installing the headers, looks like you got it pretty much covered, depending on the mileage of the car, you may want to pick up another set of stock exhaust gaskets, use some anti sieze on the header bolts, and torque to 11ft lbs the first time (starting from the center out, then go up to 18 ft lbs again from the center out) another thing to consider if you get a front O2 code, get the rear vette O2s and use them in the front (they have a little better heater)
Old 02-26-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

the ory that came with the pacesetter's i put on a guy's car was in 4 pieces.if that is the same one you are getting there is a small ridge on the inside of the pipes that inteferes. a few minutes with a dremel is all it will take to clean them up.test fit the pieces together when you get them and see if the pieces slide in fairly easy or not.