Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power differance between mid and long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question power differance between mid and long tube headers

sup guys i was wondering if any one was runing pacesetter mid leanth headers?
my car is lowered and i was woried about ground clearance and i know long tubes and a ory are the best but my car is low so what are the power diff?
are they even worth it?
do i still keep the cats?

sorry for all the questions but i figured i would ask before i order any thing
thanks.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetter mid tubes are shorty headers. Don't let the name fool you. They are "mid-tube", as opposed to "mid-length." They won't make near the power that a mid-length or longtube will. The MAC mid-length's are pretty good if you mod them, but won't really save any ground clearance over a good longtube header. The header isn't really where you lose ground clearance, it's the y-pipe. The only exception is the SLP's, because their collectors practically touch the ground! Might as well go with a longtube, or just stay with your stock manifolds.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ditto on the longtubes. If you are like 2" drop you should still be fine. It may scrape, but you will just have to pay attention to what you are doing, and drive familiar areas. Lots of LT's tuck nice. You arent going to be getting your money's worth if you go with anything under a LT honestly.