Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Dual/Dual

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions about Dual/Dual

Just a couple questions I have about it here:

I know that some have said that the new SLP Powerflo catback is basically the Dual/Dual with a new name. This is what I thought too. However, others point out that it's a new and upgraded muffler, as SLP says. Anyone that can verify this or give us soundclips of this new muffler?

Also, if you see a Dual/Dual catback from a stock F-body, it has an over-axle pipe that is all one piece and needs to be cut for removal. Also, it is uniform in pipe width. However, if you see an aftermarket Dual/Dual added to an F-body that didn't come with it (purchased from SLP or one of the various sponsors), it has an over-axle pipe that is separate from the muffler, plus it has some sort of a crimp in it where it goes over the axle. Why the differences? And are there any other things that are different on the aftermarket and stock versions?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

My car came with a Dual-Dual from the factory. It has both the slip joint connection and the crimp in the over the axle pipe that you're associating with the aftermarket version. I haven't seen an aftermarket one, so I can't comment on that.

FYI, this system flows very well. I only losst ~5rwhp compared to the open cutout. I'm not sure what changes they've made to the system since 99, though.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

A friend of mine just bought the so-called "new" exhcaust from SLP called the powerflow (Dual/Dual). It mighr somehow have better airflow, but the sound is the exact same as it comes from the factory. Cause my Girlfriend had Dual/Dual on her car before we changed it and they sounded exactly the same IMO.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone else?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

I just installed a new dual/dual as well. I took some video of it the other day, but need to get it transferred to the comp. and find someone to host it. It's through LT's with no cats and a Trex cam, it's some what loud but not to bad. I find it sounds different to me than other sound clips I've heard..

Dan
Old 03-01-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I just installed a new dual/dual as well. I took some video of it the other day, but need to get it transferred to the comp. and find someone to host it. It's through LT's with no cats and a Trex cam, it's some what loud but not to bad. I find it sounds different to me than other sound clips I've heard..

Dan
That'd be great! Throw it up here!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
That'd be great! Throw it up here!
http://video.ls1tech.com/video/2D263...6A2B0484CB.htm