Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quiet exhaust, plus cutout.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet exhaust, plus cutout.

I really do like driving my quiet daily driver (not an fbody yet, unfortunately). I can floor it and not get attention. The biggest reason I bought my 1998 ls1 was the first driving experience. It was quiet and comfy when I accellerated compared to my LT1 with headers, no cat and flowmaster. So what did I do? I ofcourse added pacesetter LT's, ORY, and flowmaster 40series. DAMN! I like the tone under WOT, but hate the noise under daily driven days. So I decided to search forums for quiet exhaust systems, but am confused. I want my cake and eat it too. I do want WOT power but not the noise all the time. A catted system with no muffler sounds good to me. But a non catted system with a stock muffler is not manly. How about a LT plus cats, with Super Turbo mufflers for the street? (true duals) Then a cutout between bullets before the cat for the strip? Anyone done it? Under axle or over axle is a question also.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

The reason I want a quiet exhaust is this:
You ever said something offensive outloud accidentally and someone heard you say it that weren't supposed to hear it? You know that embarrassing feeling? Well, that is the same feeling when I smoke someone in an "exhibition of speed" incident that wouln't have been noticed if I wasn't pumping 120 db out the butt end of my car.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

SLP dual/dual & cutout
Old 03-05-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

run a y, a cat, a like stock type muffler catback, then put the cutout at the end of the y.