Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with headers

Hi guys I am think about installing a set of pacesetter mid length headers on my 02 ws-6 but i have a few questions. i have istalled headers before on other cars so i know how much fun they can be. But my questions are one how hard is the install can it be done in the drive way? 2. i am afraid of breaking a stud off in the block when i take out the old manifolds are there any tricks to help with that. and 3. here in dayton ohio i dont know of any good ls1 or f-body performance shops that could this if i feel like iam going to screw it up. any help or info would be greatley appericated. thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those mid-tube pacesetters are actually shorties and not mid-length's. You can install shorties easily in your driveway. Shorty headers won't do much and probably aren't worth the effort though. You probably won't even notice the gain.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Its easy for the most part...just time consuming really. Well for me it was really time consuming.

Theres some good links in here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142
Old 03-07-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

There are sooooo many pointers we could give you, but to stick to the points you brought up:

If your driveway is at a 20 angle like mine, you better head for the garage or street (somewhere flat).

As for the manifold and any other bolt you will be taking off: PB Blaster the night before. Any bolts that require too much effort, soak again in PB and come back to them later.

For recommended shops in your area, search your regional forum or COFBA.org.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info guys iam quite shure ill need the help.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Worst-case scenario, you'll be like me....

(Manifold removal day 1, in the daddy garage) "What the f*ck do I do now"...(walk into house, get on LS1tech.com, search for the answer, find it, take a big swig of beer, go back outside).