Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TSP questions

I am going to get exhaust real soon. I am considering the TSP Trual Dual X pipe. Can i use my stock headers for the time being or do i have to get some LT's? Also can somebody give me a link to a sound/video clip of the TSP on a LS1 engine because all the clips ive heard havent been real good quality, I met somebody with a 99 SS with Loudmouth today and it sounded alot better than any of them ive heard at the exhaust sound clip site.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

LS1sounds.com and you'll need LT's.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You have to remember those are video cameras and not in person, loud mouth with lts sounds like $hit.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Do Pacesetter LT's sound good with the TSP? Does it make a rasp sound?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madmax054
Do Pacesetter LT's sound good with the TSP? Does it make a rasp sound?
They fit and sound perfect. No rasp with the TD's, its VERY deep and loud.

Check out the link in my sig. One shows some videos/pics of how my TSP system was before/after i had it run out the back and had cats installed.

The link that says Videos in my sig has 2 of me running at the track before the cats/extensions went on, the other 2 are with the extensions/cats on. The TSP system will sound AWESOME, it will make your buddies loud-mouth sound like a golfcart.

A loudmouth sounds alright on car with stock cats/manifolds, but most agree it sounds like rolling death once LT's are put on the car.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z-286speed
You have to remember those are video cameras and not in person, loud mouth with lts sounds like $hit.
Wrong, expecially if you have Cats. I have guys ask me all the time, "Man what exhaust is that? Sick! (in a good way)"

Here's a cold start and small rev video of LM, LT's and Cats
http://chrisnrobinsmith.com/avfiles/FUNLS1TransAm.wmv
Old 03-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Teching In

What about pacesetter LT's, TSP True Dual X pipe and Sweet thunder? Or is Magnaflow better?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:57 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madmax054
What about pacesetter LT's, TSP True Dual X pipe and Sweet thunder? Or is Magnaflow better?
The reason TSP offers spiral flows, bullets, and ST's is because of space. It's VERY hard to fit 2 fullsize mufflers under there, our car's aren't built like mustangs, which is unfortunate, but only in that respect.

Bullets will be the loudest, followed by the ST's, followed by the spiral flows, with different sounds between them. Read around in this section and you will find tons of info. You might actually have to click back a few pages though!

I agree with the camera thing, the TSP duals on my car dumped without cats sounded wicked. After the 230+ cam, they sounded hilariously badass, the camera could never do it justice.