Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NW 90 - TB cable question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default NW 90 - TB cable question

Hey I'm wondering which slot you guys put the throttle cable in with your Nick Williams 90mm TBs? I have a TCS car so the cable comes out of the unit by the battery.

Problem is on the lowest hole, it holds the TB open a crack, and on the higher one there's too much slack in the cable, and then the blade won't open all the way when the gas pedal is floored. I read a post where someone mentioned adjusting the throttle cable, can anyone tell me how that is done? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The throttle cable needs to go in the bottom hole. I had the same problem that you're having with my NW 90, and had to adjust the cable. To find where you adjust the cable, follow the throttle cable from the TB, and about a foot up you'll notice a plastic casing on the throttle cable. It will have a plastic retainer clip with tabs that you'll need to take off. Once you have the retainer clip off you can pull out the extra slack that you need. When you pull out what you need put the throttle cable pin in the bottom hole, and put that plastic retainer clip back on where you adjusted the cable. It's pretty easy to do.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Great information, thank you for the post.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After you do that, take the lid off the cover of your TCS. Now turn it by hand and make sure the blade is opening all the way when it's at full rest. This way you know you have the slack perfect.