Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harrop Intake ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harrop Intake ?

How do you contact the guy ? How can i get more info on the set-up for the intake ? Any help would be highly appreciated.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They also have a US represenative now. His name is Micheal. I believe his contact info is listed on their website. He worked at Eaton blowers for 20 something years. Real nice guy. If you want one, be ready to fork over some coin, and I'd reccomend you wait till I post up the results of wether it will fit my car or not. I'll be the first F-body tester, but the vette's have had 1 confirmed fit with some minor modifacations.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

HOLLY CRAP that thing is expensive.What's the gains supposed to be over like a fast 90
Old 03-22-2006, 01:55 AM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

beast.....good luck with the intake....id like to see what u gain and see if it is worth anything over a hogan sheetmetal intake?
Old 03-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Teching In

See this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...2&page=1&pp=20
Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CAMN HAWK
beast.....good luck with the intake....id like to see what u gain and see if it is worth anything over a hogan sheetmetal intake?
It'll be worth it's wait in drivebility and low end power. Something you will get neither of with a sheet metal. With a sheet metal, all the runners feed from a single plenum and a single throttle body. Even one of the best will have restrictions. Not to mention reversion going back into the plenum and contaminating future pulses. I just hope I can make the damn thing fit. I've already had them leave some parts off that I knew would cause a problem. We shall see soon enough.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

waiting patiently

also, I guess I need to email their US rep cause I havent gotten a response from them yet
Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
It'll be worth it's wait in drivebility and low end power. Something you will get neither of with a sheet metal. With a sheet metal, all the runners feed from a single plenum and a single throttle body. Even one of the best will have restrictions. Not to mention reversion going back into the plenum and contaminating future pulses. I just hope I can make the damn thing fit. I've already had them leave some parts off that I knew would cause a problem. We shall see soon enough.

you make it sound like someone with a basic cammed LS1 is going to see a huge diff driving around town..
Old 03-23-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

The Harrop's IR design will tame a big cam and make idle/drivability MUCH nicer than a normal intake would. It will also help preserve low end power.

They've had GREAT results with them down in Australia.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
you make it sound like someone with a basic cammed LS1 is going to see a huge diff driving around town..
no, but someone with a basic cammed ls1 could run 20 more degrees of duration and 106lsa and still maintain driveability
Old 03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow this intake is getting a lot of activity now. It's been out for quite some time now and there's been like 5 threads on it within the past week. I don't remember it being discussed that much before.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

30 rwhp on a stock cam motor is pretty good IMO.

Kumair, I didn't have much luck contacting them directly either. The US rep was very helpful and put me in touch with the right people. Once they e-mail you, they are very quick to get back with you.

777, we've been talking alot about them over the past couple of months. They have been around for a while, but no one wanted to spend $3k on it when they weren't even sure if it would fit. I figured what the hell. I have the extra money and the resources, so I'm gunna see what it takes to get it in there. I'm sure once I figure it out, a few will follow in getting it.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:16 AM
FASTEST ALL MOTOR LS1 IN THE COUNTRY

Originally Posted by Beast96Z

well my sheetmetal intake was treated me pretty well so far, but im always looking for more....not really interested in low end power....was thinking if this intake would help my setup breathe even more on the top end....say 6000-9200? over my current setup. do they even offer a c5r based intake?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CAMN HAWK
well my sheetmetal intake was treated me pretty well so far, but im always looking for more....not really interested in low end power....was thinking if this intake would help my setup breathe even more on the top end....say 6000-9200? over my current setup. do they even offer a c5r based intake?
If you looking for top-end power, the standard runners aren't for you. I believe they will be spent by 7k, but that is due to the legnth of the runner it's self. The thing with this intake is that the runner legnths can be altered, so calling and telling them what you want would be very helpful. I'm sure they can shorten them down to work inside the range you want. I'm confident you would see a nice gain as well. I do believe they have been working on LS7/C5R based designs, but don't know if they are avalible yet.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kumar75150
waiting patiently
also, I guess I need to email their US rep cause I havent gotten a response from them yet
If you still have not had a response, please try emailing me directly via ken@harrop.com.au
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beast96Z,

Did you ever get that Harrop installed?

And how did it work out for you?

We need to know!!!

Thanks,
K
Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Nytmare
How do you contact the guy ? How can i get more info on the set-up for the intake ? Any help would be highly appreciated.
Don't bother. I've found a better intake that looks better too. And the Harrop is almost $5,000 which is just outrageously pathetic. Also, Lingenfelter is now their dealer here in the states, so imagine the mark-up it'll have "Beast" got his at somewhat of a decent price, no more though.

This guy http://www.jenvey.co.uk/~JenDyn1.htm has been building these types of intakes MUCH longer than Harrop has. You can find the LSx type section on his site but he doesn't have the pics up yet. Go to "Home" page and click on [color=blue]"Product news updated November 06".[/blue]

The way I found out about him was from my builder in Lauderdale. This guy approached him to be a dealer here in the USA 3 weeks ago and my builder built him a display so he can showcase his intake at the PRI show in Orlando this coming weekend. Harrop will have to drop their prices or sell none of them.

I'll be using one on my new engine

Last edited by Quickin; 12-13-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pianoprodigy
oooh, i like that pic.

i know i cant afford whatever the price is, but nice pic.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Veteran

oooh, i like that pic.

i know i cant afford whatever the price is, but nice pic.
You may be very surprised. Not all manufacturers are looking to rip people off. The Harrop is nice too but there's no way in hell $5,000 is justified. They're making a few thousand profit for sure.

Quick Reply: Harrop Intake ?