Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current GMMG owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current GMMG owners

Hey,

Just wondering if GMMG ever sent you a tracking number for your purchase? They told me it would ship on Tuesday but I still don't have a tracking number?

Second - I've listened to LS1Sounds a whole lot over the past few weeks, and I'm definitely loving the GMMG+LT+Cats sound from the outside, but how's it on the inside for you daily drivers? I'm driving around with stock manifolds, cats, and an open cutout right now (i snapped the studs trying to get a tight seal on the cap... doh), how do you think it would compare?

Thanks in advance..
Bryan
Old 03-23-2006, 12:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Call up GMMG and see whats up, I didnt get a tracking number but mine shipped within a few days. They have great service. It sounds great on the inside and barely any rasp at all with cats on. The soundclips on ls1sounds dont even do GMMG justice so you will be very pleased.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Doh, got a tracking number over the phone. Ordered it monday, still hasn't shipped, might go out this afternoon. I hate the wait...

EDIT:

Did any of you guys use the supplied D-clamp for the over the axe joint? Like, did it crush your pipes and all that?

Last edited by X-JeSSter; 03-23-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by X-JeSSter
Doh, got a tracking number over the phone. Ordered it monday, still hasn't shipped, might go out this afternoon. I hate the wait...

EDIT:

Did any of you guys use the supplied D-clamp for the over the axe joint? Like, did it crush your pipes and all that?
Bumpity bump bump?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the gmmg with longtubes and cats and it sounds great! There really isn't any rasp. It isn't all that loud inside the car and doesn't drone much. It's a bit of a cop caller out the tail pipe though. I'm trying to quiet mine down now so I don't get a noise ticket. If I didn't have to worry about a ticket I'd leave it like it is.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
I've got the gmmg with longtubes and cats and it sounds great! There really isn't any rasp. It isn't all that loud inside the car and doesn't drone much. It's a bit of a cop caller out the tail pipe though. I'm trying to quiet mine down now so I don't get a noise ticket. If I didn't have to worry about a ticket I'd leave it like it is.
Cool, I was figuring the interior noise couldn't be much worse than stock with a cutout because at least all the sound is exiting from the rear of the car and point backwards, as opposed to exiting under my back seat and pointing straight down at the ground below me...

Did you buy a 3" band clamp for the joint over the axle? Or did you go ahead and use that crushing clamp?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Cool, I was figuring the interior noise couldn't be much worse than stock with a cutout because at least all the sound is exiting from the rear of the car and point backwards, as opposed to exiting under my back seat and pointing straight down at the ground below me...

Did you buy a 3" band clamp for the joint over the axle? Or did you go ahead and use that crushing clamp?
I think the interior noise was worse with shorty headers and cutout, than longtubes and gmmg. There just isn't much drone with the gmmg. I had the I pipe welded to the over the axle piece. I don't like the u-clamps because of how they crush the pipe. I'd at least use a band clamp.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

K, I'll test-fit some clamps on it before I put it on the car. I'm not too keen on crushing my pipe up either. They include a band clamps for the tips and the I to Y merge though, don't they?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Addict

K, I'll test-fit some clamps on it before I put it on the car. I'm not too keen on crushing my pipe up either. They include a band clamps for the tips and the I to Y merge though, don't they?

They do for the tips, but I can't remember for sure if there's a band clamp for the I to Y because I had mine welded.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Interior Noise is quiet.And dose not Drone or hurt your ears . I have stock manfiolds and Run Cats. Doing 60mpg you cant even hear it when crusing. Its the Best of Both Worlds
Old 03-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Okay, cool. Any of you guys who actually clamped your system together, which clamps did you go with? I wanna avoid using the U clamps because there's a chance I might want to resell this system...

Should the band clamps be a regular butt-joint style, or that pre-formed style? Are band clamps going to be strong enough to seal that joint between the pipes over the axle?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Interior Noise is quiet.And dose not Drone or hurt your ears . I have stock manfiolds and Run Cats. Doing 60mpg you cant even hear it when crusing. Its the Best of Both Worlds

Wow 60 miles per gallon! How do you do that? Thats great!

You could use the stainless lap joint style band clamp that summit sells. They are made by dynomax(walker) and are $8.50 I think.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Wow 60 miles per gallon! How do you do that? Thats great!

You could use the stainless lap joint style band clamp that summit sells. They are made by dynomax(walker) and are $8.50 I think.
3" should work?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...5&autoview=sku