Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Headers Soon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Headers Soon?

Yeah, I know. This is a Strange request. I need a set of exhaust manifold bolts.

I'm yanking my Pacesetters and ORY so that I can meet state visual inspection. Plus, I got tired of the ground clearance loss with the clamps on the ORY. Anyway, I have the manifolds and Y-pipe that came with my car but the guy I bought it from didn't keep the bolts. I could hit the hardware store, but hardware store bolts typically suck, and rust immediately. Besides, I know lots of you guys are pulling you maifolds for headers so I figured this i the right time to ask.

Anyone got a full set of exhaust manifold bolts they'd like to part with as you install your headers?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

what's wrong with the ones holding your pacesetter headers in? If I was back home in IL I would probably have my old stock set but sorry bro, I'm in the desert til April
Old 03-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Teching In

I could probably do that in a pinch, but the heads of the header bolts are REALLYT small. I'm not sure how they're work or how I'd get to them with the casties. Plus, the flange on the manifolds is a bit thicker. Probably not enough to matter but the header bolts might be a tad short.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

just go to GM and buy 1, then go the hardware store and get the same thing. Done.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mausc
Yeah, I know. This is a Strange request. I need a set of exhaust manifold bolts.

I'm yanking my Pacesetters and ORY so that I can meet state visual inspection. Plus, I got tired of the ground clearance loss with the clamps on the ORY. Anyway, I have the manifolds and Y-pipe that came with my car but the guy I bought it from didn't keep the bolts. I could hit the hardware store, but hardware store bolts typically suck, and rust immediately. Besides, I know lots of you guys are pulling you maifolds for headers so I figured this i the right time to ask.

Anyone got a full set of exhaust manifold bolts they'd like to part with as you install your headers?

you really should order some. i could give you my bolts which i just pulled out yesterday but........ the factory bolts are a one time use only