Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

free ram air question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free ram air question

I know this is probably a stupid question but I am all new to this. I have a 99 firehawk and I know mine has the ram air, but what is the cut out for where the air filter lays in. What is the point in doing it. Do I really need to cut that piece out and will I gain any power.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up Ram as much air as you can

There are stock baffles that restrict air flow in the ram air box. I think some people cut them and some het an aftermarket lid without the retriction. with lid or free mod, even if you drive in the rain, your filter will not get wet because air will still have to go around a baffle behind your bumper.

Its not going to make a difference on a stock engine, but every little bit of air helps with future mods. I hope that helped

also: firehawk setup might be different than t/a because the bumper has to accomadate hood inlets so its either aligned different or the bumper inlets are ground down a little bit- not sure
Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

www.installuniversity.com they have a guide with some pics thats the one I used. I did it like a year ago.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will do it, it is simple and breaks the ice a little, once that is done let the modding begin.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

That was the first thing I did when I put my SLP lid on. The combination of the two really made a SOTP difference, plus it helped my exhaust note also.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

it works