Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing a Ls6 intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Doing a Ls6 intake swap

Im getting ready to take off my LS1 intake and put on a LS6 intake. But my ? is what matterials do i need for the swap i hear i need to replace some lines? also are there Intake maifold gaskets and do i need to replace to TB gassket? If someone could give me gm part numbers and where to get the best deal on these parts it would be much apreciated.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Launching!

The lines are the coolant lines, you can get those from SLP. I dont know the part number for them...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will need 2 plugs for the back of the heads, and a crossover tube for the front. The new intake will have all the gaskets in it. Also when removing the intake take the big vac hose off the brake booster and follow it behind the intake it goes behind the oil pressure sending unit(which is plastic). When pulling the intake forward make sure that hose doesn't snap the sending unit off the block. Also texas speed carries those coolant plugs/tube.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:35 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gaskets will I need for this swap? Can I get some part numbers for them? Thanks.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

No gaskets needed. I just swapped mine last week. The intake has silicone-like gaskets molded into the TB neck and at the intake ports.

Mark
Old 04-03-2006, 08:15 AM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KilerTA
Im getting ready to take off my LS1 intake and put on a LS6 intake. But my ? is what matterials do i need for the swap i hear i need to replace some lines? also are there Intake maifold gaskets and do i need to replace to TB gassket? If someone could give me gm part numbers and where to get the best deal on these parts it would be much apreciated.
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5