Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 install ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 install ???

I just installed my ls6 intake that I bought off a member here. What did I do wrong. The pcv hose doesn't reach any more on the drivers side. I can get it to the grommet but it does't seem to want to go back in. There is no slack in the line at all. I have stated the car and it runs fine. It is just in about 1/2 way on both sides and I don't want it popping out. Do these lines just run from vc to vc. if so can I just install a rubber line from one side to the other.
Also the tb that I got with it doesn't have the coolant lines on it. I just connected the lines w/ a piece of steel brake line and bent it out of the way. I assume that this is OK.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

anyone???
Old 03-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bypassing the throttle body of coolant is one of several free mods that everyone should do.

There is no reason that you couldn't replace the vac hose for a longer one to you brake booster. You must have routed it differently than what is was with your LS-1 intake.

Good luck.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ohio Bird of Prey
Bypassing the throttle body of coolant is one of several free mods that everyone should do.

There is no reason that you couldn't replace the vac hose for a longer one to you brake booster. You must have routed it differently than what is was with your LS-1 intake.

Good luck.
It's not the brake booster line it's the pcv line that goes behind the intake. On the drivers side it goes into the valve cover. I finally got it in about 1/2 way for now. I think I may have cought it under the bracket that goes on the back of the intake. I may have that bracket on upside bown also.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is most likely caught up on the passenger side somewhere, check the MAP line, might have something routed under something else, when it is supposed to be over. just take a deep breath and slow down, you will get it tighter, it might be behind the oil pressure sender, or caugh there somewhere, you can take it apart back there, reroute it, or connect the VC's first then reconnect the rear.