Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp sensor in the drivers side head.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp sensor in the drivers side head.......

The brass fitting up towards the front of the head. Broke the bitch off in the head AFTER we installed the new heads

Can they be bought at any parts store or is it a dealer part?

Thanks.

Last edited by Quickin; 04-01-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

should be able to get that at any parts store.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Veteran

cool, thanks. I was gettin nervous casue I have to have it finished tomorrow. We put my rebuilt heads back on today and then putting it in the little sucker broke off in the head as we were tightening it.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that thing is fairly pricey for what it is. Dealership is where I found mine. Don't remember what I paid, but remembered being semi-pissed leaving broke.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I think that thing is fairly pricey for what it is. Dealership is where I found mine. Don't remember what I paid, but remembered being semi-pissed leaving broke.
I picked up new gaskets for my water pump and headers last week, I think the price I got was like $18.00 Hope I'm right. I get everything at my Pontiac dealership for damn near cost though.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:14 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the EXACT SAME THING! My MOM actually broke off the stock one as i was removing the heads. I needed about 1/16th of an inch more clearance on the header flange so one of the head bolts would slip by it so i got her to pry on it a little. She snapped off the temp sensor. No big deal because i was removing the head anyway.

I get a new one and as i'm screwing it in after the heads were back on (i was a afraid of breaking it, how ironic is that lol). It snapped off right as it was about to get tight. Luckily an ease-out was able to grab it. It's hollow already and very soft.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
I did the EXACT SAME THING! My MOM actually broke off the stock one as i was removing the heads. I needed about 1/16th of an inch more clearance on the header flange so one of the head bolts would slip by it so i got her to pry on it a little. She snapped off the temp sensor. No big deal because i was removing the head anyway.

I get a new one and as i'm screwing it in after the heads were back on (i was a afraid of breaking it, how ironic is that lol). It snapped off right as it was about to get tight. Luckily an ease-out was able to grab it. It's hollow already and very soft.
Yeah, I just tapped a phillips head driver tip into it and it turned right out. Hell i was removing the head for that.

Just saw them on Murrays Custom and Speed website for $10.95, but I have a 1998 3 pronge plug They only have 2 pronge, ****. They're right down the street from me too. Maybe they have some though.