Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensors

i have lt headers on my 01ss, my O2 sensors keep going bad (bank 2). is there anything i can do to fix the problem. or should i say is there a recommended brand of parts to use. my friend has a simimlar problem with his 02 firechicken. he replaced his and they went bad again in two days. Thanks
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI with headers sometimes the O2s will throw codes, not because they are bad, but because some switching spec isn't met, it seems to be due to the relocation of the o2s, and the fact that the exhaust isn't as hot as it was in the stock cast iron manifolds. Some go with the vette rears, as they have a stronger heater than the fbody o2s (pn bosch 13111) you might think about picking up a pair, and seeing if that'll help
BTW you might want to post the code you're getting (get it scanned for free at autozone) then we can see if the o2 is bad, or if it's a common code due to the headers
Old 04-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had it checked at autozone that is how i know what is out, however i have not written down the code. i'll try and stop one of these nights and get it done. i will put it up as soon as i can, hopefully tomorrow, thanks so far