Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflex Y-pipe Feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflex Y-pipe Feedback.

I need to get a new exhaust on this car, no more duals for me so a dumped Mufflex y-pipe is my next option. I'm going to be using it with Jet-Hot headers. I'd like some feedback on fitment and ground clearance.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ground clearance imo is horrible. fitment was a complete joke. i dont know if i got one made for qtp headers instead of the hokkers but it wasnt even close. i had to cut and weld it in several places. had i not needed the car the next day i would have returned it and custom made one.

u can kind of see the welds in the pics. i have closer shots if needed.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that sucks. Looks like I wouldn't be able to run a driveshaft loop either. Guys down the street have a Mandrel bender so I guess I will be going to see them.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

another issue i ran into. i had to pull my bmr loop. i will be installing 2 more brackets to come off the back side of the subframes to move the loop back about 6 " so i can put it back in. i would go a diff route if i did it again.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Damn, that sucks. Looks like I wouldn't be able to run a driveshaft loop either. Guys down the street have a Mandrel bender so I guess I will be going to see them.

If that is the case. I would just buy the flowmaster merge like they use and bend your own pipe so it fits. I had a shop fix mine when I put on my Sphon chasis tq arm cause it wouldn't fit.