Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smell?

Ok, so Im at the car show tonite, getting ready to leave when my buddy tells me to rev at these ricer kids who showed up. I start the car, start to pull away and go by them when I rev it to about 3500. Damn near scared the shizit out of some of them and the girls were all starin As We're driving through the parking lot on our way out, there was a smell Im poretty sure was exhaust. My question is, if I had an exhaust leak, would the SES light come on? And can someone remind me what the torque specs for the header bolts are again? I had them written down when I put the headers on, but lost the paper. When I took my car to have my LS7 clutch installed and they had the exhaust off, one of the clamps on my ORY had some black on it. So Im wondering if it that was it, how would i go about trying to fix it? And would I be correct in assuming that is what I smelled? An exhaust leak?
Old 04-13-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque specs for header bolts, 11 ftlbs 1st pass, 18 ftlbs 2nd pass, tighten from center out
Likely it was just your exhaust, I know I can smell mine when the wind is right, or I'm in the garage, it might be leaking out of the area you described, if you have band clamps, wrap some aluminum tape around the joint, and put the clamp back on, and tighten it up, that should stop the leak
Old 04-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks 2k2WS6TA, I appreciate it. Im gonna definitely try that and Im gonna check the header bolts again. Thanks again.