Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help w/TSP True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help w/TSP True Duals

So I installed my TDs today and everything went pretty smoothly actually. That is until I went to hang the mufflers. The whole system is tucked up as far as it will go without hitting something such as the torque arm or the floorpan, I'm talkin' within a centimeter or so. But I go to hang the mufflers and i can't get them to tuck up at all while on the x-pipe. They just wont go up any farther without pulling the x-pipe up with them, which in turn means the x-pipe is hitting the torque. My car is lowered with a Pro-Kit and I had the rear tires up on ramps, so the suspension was loaded throughout the install. But my mufflers hang down, like within an inch or an inch and a half of the road, it scrapes over the slightest bump in the road. So it's pretty annoying. Anyone have any helpful knowledge? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like your x-pipe is on wrong. Have you tried flipping it?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

i installed mine it was the same way just keep mesing with it youll figure it out..my cars not lowered and i have prob a 3.5 to 4.0 in clearence so with a prokit you will only prob have about 2 inchs good luck youll love the sound!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine do the same thing. The mufflers hang lower than everything else. Take the exhaust off and flip the fuel line brackets around. You should be able to gain another inch by doing that.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like typical symptoms of an upside down X-Pipe,
Flip it over and try it again, also do the fuel line bracket flip.
Look at the link in my sig for a full writeup on this kit.

DJ
Old 04-16-2006, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After seeing your write-up I'm going to take mine completely apart and do it over again. Thanks Dirty John

Kyle
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

The x-pipe is definately right, I used your write-up to do the install. I didn't flip the fuel lines however, there didn't seem to be a need to do so. The x-pipe hit the T/A before I would have to flip them. But I did fix the mufflers. I ended up cutting the brackets and jacking the x-pipe as high as it could possibly go. For some reason, when my car was off the ramps, I gained about 3/4" clearance from the x-pipe to the T/A. SO after jacking the x-pipe up, I jacked each muffler up as high they would go and re-welded the hanger. I have at least a soda can of clearance at the tips now.

Quick Reply: Need Help w/TSP True Duals