Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Rich!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running Rich!!!

I had LT's installed about 2 months ago. It's pretty sluggish as is, but now I'm noticing smoke after start at idle, and occasionally at diffrent times. It's not oil smoke, it's more of a whitish foggy color. What kind of sign is this, except the fact I need a tune. Will it hurt driving like this? I drive 200 miles in all every weekend back and forth to school.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is the smoke just now starting to show up? The only thing I can think of would be just dew build up in the exhaust burning off or something like that. Happens to me all the time right at startup if it's been sitting overnight when it was somewhat cold outside. I wouldn't worry about it if you said it doesn't smell like oil. The sluggishness is most likely because you need a tune and the 2.73s are exacerbating the situation.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Well, I'm sure it's not dew because it will do it in the middle of the day, even after I've drove it for a while it will smoke. I think it's because of the excess gas entering the combustion chamber. I was just wondering what other peoples opinions were, on what it might be. It does need a tune bad; it's still fast, but it's just sluggish with throttle response, especially just cruising around town. When I'm on the interstate though, it seems to be fine....