Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any reason for this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any reason for this?

Not sure where to ask this but Ill try here and see what happens. Well last July I was driving my car on a Sunday cruise with the Mickey Thompsons on (not smart) and got caught in a wall of rain, and the car slid into the ditch and then rolled onto its roof.

That aside, after I brought it home and changed the oil and started it up, I checked everything out with HPTuners, everything was fine, except now I only get 80% TPS.

So my question is, can anyone think of a reason for why its suddenly changed? I know forsure that it was functioning properly at 100% TPS beforehand, Im always with the laptop in the passenger seat logging rungs, and tunning.

I was just going to readjust the cable to get the desired TPS, but Its really bugging me why it happend in the first place. I dont want to readjust it, if there is something else not right..
Old 04-18-2006, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Check the voltage - is the TPS sensor giving ~4.6 volts when wide open ?

Any obstruction that's keeping the TB blade from opening all the way ?

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well if you ROLLED your car, there are probably all sorts of pieces that could have gotten bent, maybe the pedal, or something under the hood by the TB.