Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake?

ive seen alot of ls6 intakes for sale with or without coolant line. if i want to bolt an ls6 intake to my 98 what do i need? i assumed my stock throttle body will just bolt right up? and are new gaskets necessary? thanks for shedding some light on the subject.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all you need is the coolant crossover in the front and the coolant block offs in the back.
Then you also need to fabricate or buy a block off for your EGR on the header(unless you have "race" headers).
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You will need the coolant crossover pipe for the ls6 manifold, as the ls1 "x" coolant pipe will not fit under the larger plenum, and 2 coolant plugs for the backs, I got mine from slp along with the manifold for I think $30. Gaskets are reusable neoprene o-ring type (buy new if you are wary of used ones) you will also need to s--t can your egr, or adapt the ls6 piece. T.B. will bolt right up, careful of the map sensor on the back of the manifold, as it is plastic, and easy to break. Have some electrical tape or vacuum tubing handy to hold up the rear bolts as you slide the manifold forward, and be ready for some sore knuckles, it's a tight fit under there!
I made a block off plate for the pass. side manifold, and removed the egr altogether, it will throw a code, but doesnt hurt anything, other than passing an emissions test.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, im going with race headers and ditching my egr and air. sorry environment . so just pick up the coolant crossover and 2 coolant plugs from slp? 30 bucks isnt bad thanks again.