Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor mounts

cant get this damn thing to line up on the pass. side. do the tabs go up or down. i just read up but the instutions say down and one other person said down. so whats the deal?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

I just finished mine today. The small little ears that hang out go on the top. Then theres a long side and a short side. On the drivers the long side faces back and on the pass the long side goes foward. My pass was a cinch but the drivers wouldnt line up for ****. Just be so very careful you dont cross thread. Very easy to do. I got one cross threaded.............able the force it it straight but fought it forever.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The tabs go up, check out my motor mount writeup for a lil more help

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/492703-best-poly-motor-mount-write-up-ever-written.html
Old 04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

yea luna thats a great write up. helped alot. i cross threaded one bolt but said **** it after like 10 trys of goin in and out the same way and jus left it in there. i also put in a torque arm mount, wasnt as bad. i never did the driver side mount yet and not looken forward to it think im gonna pay someone. i also heard a clunk when breaking after i left the shop. i hope it was it all jus settlein in and i have no more vibrations or nething that ppl say. but dont really feel and inprovment. ex. for the tranny mount that was put in a couple weeks b4
Old 04-30-2006, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Just did mine, both tabs went up. The install was definitely a pain in the ***. Usually after i do something the first time i dont mind doing it again since i know what to do, but i can honestly say i never want to replace these again.