Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need catted y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need catted y-pipe

hey guys, will be going with pacesetter coated longtubes soon.runnin gmmg and dont want rasp. what would be the best catted y that will bolt right up to my pacesetters? leaning away from TSP catted y due to how many sections it comes apart. any tips would be great, thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2006, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

go with the tsp catted-y. I couldn't be happier
Old 04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont like the tsp then you can always go to a local exhaust shop and have them fab you up a cattde y-pipe, or you could get the pacesetter ory and have cats welded in. Those are pretty much your only options though if you decide not to go with the tsp catted y-pipe.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure what other options there are, the Pacesetter one is junk from what I've heard and I'm not sure if they offer cats.

A custom made Y maybe an option. However I still like the TSP one myself. Lots of pieces should only be a benefit for positioning it better, plus the CATS on TSP's Y are pretty good, they are Maganflow Carsound cats and flow pretty decently.

My advice would be if possible to put the car up on a high lift or over a pit to fit the headers and Y pipe as it will give you plenty of room to move them about and get every thing sitting how it should.

The TSP Y should tuck up pretty well but there is an issue with it banging on the underside of the car (common with many 3" Y pipes). This is mainly due to the engine torquing when you rev it.

The easy fix is to fit poly engine & tranny mounts. These will reduce the movement along with making the car feel more taught. A good mod regardless of fitting headers/mid pipe or not.

In addition Mufflex also make a Y pipe bracket to help prevent it from moving about as much, this is proven to work on many applications at illiminating the Y pipe banging.

For the cost and ease of installation at the same time as doing headers I would do all of the above mods. They are all available from Thunder Racing.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:16 AM
Teching In

We have catted "Y's", as well as headers available. 304 Stainless with lifetime guarantee. Shoot me a PM! or call us at 800-878-3635
Old 04-27-2006, 12:01 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

TSP Catted Y gets my vote as well.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

any other opinions plz? will be runnin gmmg with long tubes and its perty rapsy on my uncles car(ory).
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

jet hot catted y pipe....Cats go inside the pipe...not really much of a cat, but does an excellent job keeping the noise down....Not sure how well they flow though