Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers/ORY with stock SS CME exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers/ORY with stock SS CME exhaust??

i have the 345hp option on my 02 SS which includes the blackwing lid and upgraded exhaust. i know this exhaust is supposedly free flowing, but im not sure exactly how well it flows. i just installed my pacesetters and ory pipe today. i want to keep the cme setup, so the most i will do is replace the muffler so i can keep the tips. im already putting a cutout in the i pipe. will i be hurting my performance with the muffler i have now?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep the stock catback, with the cutout open while racing will be plenty of flow
Old 04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Nope, you're not going to hurt performance at all! That Dual/Dual catback (what I have right now as well) is one of the better-flowing catbacks on the market. Adding the headers will pick you up some great flow and the exhaust will still remain decently quiet. Get some soundclips up when you're done!
Old 04-29-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

hey scotty, u should do the whistler mod on your headlights. it looks sick on pewter man
Old 04-29-2006, 06:48 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Nope, you're not going to hurt performance at all! That Dual/Dual catback (what I have right now as well) is one of the better-flowing catbacks on the market. Adding the headers will pick you up some great flow and the exhaust will still remain decently quiet. Get some soundclips up when you're done!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be the option that you would want to take with that setup. It will be optimal/loud.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Raise
hey scotty, u should do the whistler mod on your headlights. it looks sick on pewter man
I plan on it. I also think that it looks best on pewter/silver. I might just buy the ones with the gloss black insides from ProCarParts.com.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
I plan on it. I also think that it looks best on pewter/silver. I might just buy the ones with the gloss black insides from ProCarParts.com.
yeah, my car is pewter also, and i plan on doing it too. i dont know if u remember my silver z from before, but i did it with flat black, so it almost looked grey. it was pretty sweet lookin. damn i miss that car here she is. actually it didnt have the lights painted here, but anyway