Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge ?

I need some help. I have a auto meter water temp gauge and I was told that you could put the sensor on the pasanger side at the back of a head. Well I just put headers on my car and I looked for that area and could not find it I was told it was around the same area as the factory water temp sensor but on pasanger side and at the back of the head. Is their any other place the sensor can be put? I have already instaled my headers and it would be hard to get back in their for a sensor. Or is their another gauge\sensor that I could get that would fit in the factory sensor hole, because the sensor that came with the auto meter is a diffrent thread plus is to small and the adapters are to big. I'm not big on drilling out holes in my block if I can help it at all affraid of shaveings getting in their. Thanks for any info
Old 04-29-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got at mine from underneath pretty easy. its got a round head on the plug with i believe a square shaped inlet. i had to drill out the center of one of the adapters so the sending unit would fit through the adapter, but the adapter fit in the motor fine. i dont know of another way ut after doing it i would have to believe this is the best way.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Does anyone have any pics of this?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

you can barely get your hand in there let alone a camera. i will see if i can give you a better idea of where it is i will go pop the hood today and look for a landmrk its by. but from what i remember it is the exact opposite of the fatory sender in the drivers side.